Use eye-popping visual tools to energize your people!
Just as social networking has reclaimed the Internet for human interactivity and co-creation, the visual meetings movement is reclaiming creativity, productivity, and playful exchange for serious work in groups.
Visual Meetings explains how anyone can implement powerful visual tools, and how these tools are being used in Silicon Valley and elsewhere to facilitate both face-to-face and virtual group work. This dynamic and richly illustrated resource gives meeting leaders, presenters, and consultants a slew of exciting tricks and tools, including
* Graphic recording, visual planning, story boarding, graphic templates, idea mapping, etc.
* Creative ways to energize team building, sales presentations, staff meetings, strategy sessions, brainstorming, and more
* Getting beyond paper and whiteboards to engage new media platforms
* Understanding emerging visual language for leading groups
Unlocking formerly untapped creative resources for business success, Visual Meetings will help you and your team communicate ideas more effectively and engagingly.
Praise for Visual Meetings
"David Sibbet is the father of visual facilitation. This book finally lets us see meetings as he sees them--as eye-opening opportunities to discover what people really think. David's approach to visually recording and visually facilitating meetings will help you become a better meeting leader and participant, see a whole new side of business--and a whole new side of yourself." -Dan Roam, author of The Back of the Napkin
"I have experienced the transformative power of David's pioneering visual methods and tools. Open this book and you will get a clear vision of collaboration in the future--groups inspired and energized, tapping into their collective wisdom to create sustainable solutions: the global brain at work." -Meryem Le Saget, Meryem Le Saget Consulting, Paris
"David Sibbet is a genius. Buy this book, and study it, not only for better meetings, but for better organizations, better teams, and a better future." -Alan M. Webber, co-founder of Fast Company magazine
"This amazing book shows you how visualization can bring clarity to the growing complexity around us." -Bob Johansen, Distinguished Fellow, Institute for the Future
"This book is like David's workshops--fun and fruitful. Time and again, I have seen the principles and processes described in this book yield a rich harvest among audiences in Singapore." -Dawn Yip, Soulbreath Consulting Singapore
"Visual Meetings is an elegant and immensely practical guide to transforming group productivity. It provides novices with a fast start to making the most of scarce group time." -Paul Saffo, Technology Forecaster Visiting Scholar, Stanford Media-X Network
"'What If Meetings Were Really Fun AND Productive?' Can you imagine? Visual meetings master David Sibbet has done it--put all the competency, wisdom, language, technique, resources, tools, everything you need in one delightful book?" -Robert E. Horn, author of Visual Language: Global Communication for the 21st Century
- David Sibbet is a world leader in graphic facilitation and visual thinking for groups. He is the founder and president of The Grove Consultants International, a company whose leading-edge group-process tools and services for panoramic visualization, graphic facilitation, team leadership, and organizational transformation are used by consultants and organizations around the world.